It's no secret that Chick-fil-A has some of the best brownies around. But now, with this easy and delicious copycat recipe, you can make them from the comfort of your own home anytime you have a craving for something sweet and indulgent. Whether you follow the recipe exactly or add your own twists and variations, this Chick-fil-A brownie recipe is sure to satisfy your taste buds!
Do you ever find yourself craving a delicious, fudgy brownie from Chick-fil-A, only to realize it's Sunday and they're closed? Or perhaps you live too far from the nearest location to satisfy your sweet tooth on a whim.
Worry not, baking enthusiasts! I'm here to share a perfect copycat recipe for Chick-fil-A brownies that will bring the iconic taste of this beloved treat right into your own kitchen.
Made with simple ingredients like cocoa powder, brown sugar, butter, flour, and salt and sprinkled with indulgent chocolate chunks, this recipe is sure to please.
Once you've tried it, you'll never have to miss out on your Chick-fil-A brownie fix again—no matter what day of the week it is!
Why you'll love this recipe
- Have a batch of Chick fil A brownies ready in less than an hour to enjoy as an afternoon treat with a cold brew!
- Impress your friends and family with a tasty dessert that tastes just like the real thing.
- Enjoy the perfect combination of fudgy and chewy texture with each bite.
- Save money by making them at home instead of buying them from the restaurant!
- Customize the brownies to your liking by adding in nuts, peanut butter chips, or any other delicious mix-ins.
Key ingredients and why we use them
This recipe uses a combination of delicious ingredients to give the brownies that rich, indulgent flavor that we all know and love from Chick-fil-A's version.
Cocoa Powder: Cocoa powder adds that deep, chocolatey flavor to the brownies. Make sure to use unsweetened cocoa powder for the best results.
Brown Sugar: Using this kind of sugar gives these brownies a slight caramelized/molasses flavor that really elevates the cocoa powder and chocolate taste.
Butter: Unsalted butter is used in this recipe to give the brownies a rich buttery taste.
Flour: All-purpose flour is used in this recipe, but if you want to make it gluten-free, feel free to use a 1-to-1 gluten-free flour blend.
Salt: Just a pinch of salt helps to balance out the sweetness of the brownies.
Chocolate Chunks: These are what make the brownies truly indulgent and irresistible. Use your favorite kind of chocolate for this, whether it's dark, milk, or semi-sweet.
You'll need the following pieces of equipment to make these delicious chocolate fudge brownies:
- Baking Pan: I used an 8-inch pan for this recipe, but you can use a 9-inch pan if that's what you have on hand.
- Parchment Paper: This helps to prevent the Chick-fil-A brownies from sticking to the pan and makes it easier to remove them in one piece.
- Mixing Bowls: You'll need two mixing bowls - one for dry ingredients and one for wet ingredients.
- Hand Mixer: This makes the mixing process much easier, especially when combining the wet and dry ingredients together.
If you don't have a hand mixer, you can also use a whisk or wooden spoon.
Heather's helpful hints
Make sure that your eggs are at room temperature before using them in your brownie recipe. This will help them incorporate better into the batter and give your brownies a fluffier texture.
To copycat the exact texture of Chick-fil-A's brownies, make sure to sprinkle chocolate chunks over the top of the brownie batter before baking. Using chocolate chips will also work, but the chunks give a more rustic and indulgent feel.
If you happen to see your brownies cooking too fast, just cover them with foil. This will reflect some of the heat away and make sure your brownies are baked perfectly.
To get a perfectly sliced Chick-fil-A brownie, just lightly coat both sides of a pizza cutter with cooking spray before cutting. And after each cut, don't forget to wipe off the blade and give it a quick spray. This will ensure clean and smooth cuts every time.
Now that you have everything you need, let's get started on making these mouthwatering Chick-fil-A brownies.
Step 1) Start by reheating the oven to 350°F. Get an 8x8 inch baking pan ready with a sheet of parchment overhanging the pan and give it a coat of baking spray.
Step 2) In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the melted butter and both types of sugars. Use a hand mixer on medium speed to combine them well. Then, add the eggs one at a time, making sure to mix well after each addition. Mix in the oil and vanilla extract.
Step 3) In another bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Sift the ingredients together to get rid of any lumps.
Step 4) Slowly add the flour mixture to the wet mixture, mixing everything until it's well combined.
Step 5) Pour the brownie batter into your prepared baking pan and sprinkle some chocolate chunks on top. Pop it in the oven and bake for around 30 minutes.
Once done, take the brownies out of the oven and let them cool on a cooling rack. After they've cooled down, cut the brownies into pieces and enjoy!
Feel free to get creative with this recipe and make it your own. Here are some variations you can try:
- Add chopped nuts such as walnuts or pecans for some added crunch and texture.
- For a more decadent treat, you can drizzle melted peanut butter over the top of the brownies before baking.
- Want to make it even more indulgent? Top your Chick-fil-A brownie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and some hot fudge sauce to make your own ice cream brownie sundae.
- If you are planning to make this recipe around the holidays, you can add in some festive spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg, or pumpkin pie spice to give it a seasonal twist. For Christmas, sprinkle some crushed peppermint candy canes on top for a delicious chocolate peppermint brownie.
- You can also add in some dried fruit, like cranberries or cherries, to give the brownies some added sweetness and texture.
Make ahead and storage tips
You can make these chocolate fudge brownies ahead of time and store them in an airtight container for up to 3 days at room temperature or up to a week in the fridge. Just make sure they are cooled completely before storing them.
If you want to freeze your Chick-fil-A brownies, wrap them tightly in aluminum foil or plastic wrap and place them in a freezer-safe bag. They will keep well for up to 2-3 months in the freezer.
To thaw, just leave them out at room temperature or microwave for a few seconds until they are warmed through.
Frequently asked questions
Can I make this Chick fil A brownie recipe gluten-free?
Yes, you can! Just use a 1-to-1 gluten-free flour blend in place of all-purpose flour.
Can I substitute the brown sugar with another type of sugar?
Using brown sugar helps to give these brownies their signature texture and flavor. However, if you don't have any on hand, you can use granulated sugar mixed with molasses as a substitute.
Can I use different kinds of chocolate?
Absolutely! Feel free to experiment with different types of chocolate, such as white or dark chocolate chips, or even try using chopped-up candy bars.
Why are my brownies so dried out?
Make sure not to overbake your brownies, as this can cause them to become dry and crumbly. Check the brownies 5-7 minutes before the recommended baking time is up. If they are already firm in the center, take them out of the oven to prevent overcooking.
In the mood for some more delicious bar desserts? Check out some of the recipes below, or visit our recipe index!
Chick-Fil-A Brownie Recipe
- 8-inch square pan
- parchment paper
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar packed
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chocolate chunks
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare an 8x8 inch baking pan with a parchment overhang and coat with baking spray.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine melted butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Use a hand mixer on medium speed to mix them together.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Mix in the oil and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Sift the ingredients together to remove lumps.
- Reduce the speed of the mixer and gradually add the flour mixture to the wet mixture, mixing until all ingredients are combined.
- Pour the brownie batter into your prepared baking pan. Sprinkle chocolate chunks on the top.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out slightly clean. Avoid overbaking.
- Remove the brownies from the oven and allow them to cool on a cooling rack.
- Once cooled, cut the brownies into pieces and serve.
Notes and Tips
- Prevent Overbaked Brownies with Foil: If you notice your brownies cooking too quickly, simply cover them with a layer of foil. This will help reflect some of the heat away and ensure your brownies are baked to perfection.
- Use a Pizza Cutter to Cleanly Slice Brownies: Just give both sides of the blade a light coating of cooking spray before cutting. After each cut, remember to wipe off the blade, and give it a quick spray.