Almond Cranberry Cake
This almond cranberry cake is a quick and easy dessert that is perfect for the holiday season. The sweet, almond-flavored cake complements the tartness of the cranberries.
- 1 cup flour all purpose
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cranberries fresh
- ½ cup walnuts chopped
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 eggs large
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
Place a rack in the center of your oven. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit 20 minutes before baking your cake. Spray your 9-inch pie pan or cast-iron skillet with baking spray and set it aside.
In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, and salt. Add the fresh cranberries and chopped walnuts. Stir to coat the cranberries completely.
In a medium bowl, mix the butter, eggs, and almond extract together. Pour the wet ingredients into the cranberry-flour mixture and mix until combined. The mixture will be very thick at this point.
Spread the batter into your prepared pan and use a spatula to smooth out the surface.
Bake your cake for approximately 40 minutes. When done, a toothpick inserted into the center will come out clean. Cool completely and enjoy with ice cream.
- Pan Size Adjustments: If you don't have a 9-inch pie pan or a 9-inch cast-iron skillet, you can also make this in an 8 x 8-inch square pan.
- Cranberries: Feel free to reduce the number of cranberries in the recipe to 1.5 cups if you aren't a fan of tartness.
- Almond Extract: If you don't enjoy a robust almond flavor, you can substitute ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract for the almond extract
- Topping: After you smooth the cake batter into your pie pan, sprinkle a few cranberries on top (making sure to push them partially into the batter). They will burst during baking and leave your crust will an appealing red color.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 332kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 71mg | Sodium: 91mg | Potassium: 90mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 430IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 1mg