Homemade Cat Treats
Homemade cat treats are the purrr-fect way to show your feline friends some extra love. Made with only four ingredients, these chewy cat treats are simple to make. These treats will quickly become your favorite go-to for a wholesome recipe with no additives. Your cat will agree—these tuna treats are delicious!
Servings: 24 treats
- 5 ounces canned tuna not drained
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Place a rack in the center of your oven. Preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit. Line a 19 x 13-inch half-sheet baking pan with parchment paper.
Add canned tuna to a small food processor. Pulse until tuna is finely chopped.
In a large bowl, combine tuna, whole wheat flour, and egg. Mix together until combined. Add olive oil and stir until fully incorporated.
Scoop about a tablespoon of dough and form into 1-inch balls. Place on a lined baking sheet. Once all the balls have been formed, use the tines of a fork to press firmly down on each ball.
Bake for approximately 12-14 minutes, or until the treats are slightly browned on the bottom. Remove from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet.
- Scaling the Recipe: You can definitely double or triple this recipe if you want to make extra treats.
- Baking Time: If you want these treats to be a little less chewy, you can bake them for an extra 4-5 minutes. It all depends on what you think your cat will enjoy.
- Recipe Substitutions: Feel free to add a tablespoon of catnip or parsley to this recipe. Your cat will say thank you!
Serving: 1treat | Calories: 35kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 18mg | Potassium: 32mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 15IU | Calcium: 4mg | Iron: 1mg