Dried Cranberry Bundt Cake
This dried cranberry coffee cake is a fun twist on a classic recipe. This sweet and decadent recipe is made with dried cranberries, cinnamon streusel, and vanilla frosting. This coffee cake is perfect for brunch or a special holiday.
Servings: 8 slices
- 1 cup dried cranberries sweetened
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup brown sugar firmly packed
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups bisquick original pancake and baking mix
Vanilla Bean Glaze
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla bean paste
In a medium pot, combine dried cranberries with water. Bring mixture to a boil on the stove. Reduce to simmer and cook until the liquid is absorbed (about 10 minutes). Remove pot from heat and let cool.
Place a rack in the center of your oven. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit 20 minutes before baking your cookies. Line the bottom of a nine-inch round springform pan with parchment paper. Spray the pan with baking spray and set it aside.
In a small bowl, combine all ingredients for the streusel topping. Work in the softened butter with your fingers until the mixture feels crumbly. Set aside.
To make the cake, whisk together milk, granulated sugar, and egg in a large bowl. Pour Bisquick into the bowl and mix until just combined. You will still see a few streaks of Bisquick in the mixture. Add ¾ cup of the rehydrated cranberries, reserving the rest for the topping.
Pour the mixture into your prepared springform pan. Smooth batter in the pan using a spatula. Sprinkle all of the streusel mixture on top of the cake. Bake for 18 - 22 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
While the cake is baking, combine all ingredients for the glaze into one bowl. Mix until the glaze is smooth. You can add additional milk 1 teaspoon at a time to thin the glaze if necessary.
Remove the cake from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Release the outside of the springform pan and move the cake onto the wire rack. Drizzle half the glaze over the top of the cake. Sprinkle the reserved ¼ cup of cranberries on top. Drizzle the remaining half of the glaze over the cake. Serve immediately!
- Feel free to substitute ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract for the vanilla bean paste. I love using vanilla bean paste in glaze because you can see the small flecks of vanilla bean.
- You can rehydrate your cranberries in any type of liquid. You could consider using orange juice or a favorite liqueur!
- This recipe can also be baked in a 9-inch cake pan or an 8x8-inch baking pan. Make sure you thoroughly grease these pans so the cake will release.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 385kcal | Carbohydrates: 67g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 405mg | Potassium: 114mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 46g | Vitamin A: 244IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 97mg | Iron: 1mg