Jiffy Blueberry Muffin Copycat Recipe
This Jiffy blueberry muffin copycat recipe is everything you love about the classic muffin mix, minus all the unnecessary additives. No food dye, stabilizers, or unpronounceable ingredients in this recipe. Using sweetened dried blueberries means you can make your muffin mix in advance! These blueberry muffins are sweet and tender and will make the perfect addition to your breakfast or brunch spread.
Servings: 12 muffins
12-count muffin pan
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ cup dried blueberries sweetened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg room temperature
- ⅓ cup milk room temperature
Place a rack in the center of your oven. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit 20 minutes before baking your muffins. Line a 12-count muffin pan with liners and spray with baking spray.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and dried blueberries. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk the wet ingredients and sugar together (sugar, vegetable oil, egg, and milk).
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until just combined. Your batter can have a few streaks of flour—be careful not to overmix at this stage. The batter will be very thick.
Fill your muffin cups about ¾ full.
Bake the muffins for 5 minutes at 425. Then, reduce the temperature to 350 and continue baking for 14-18 additional minutes. Do not remove the muffins from the oven when you lower the temperature. Cool muffins in the pan for 5 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
- I like to use an ice cream scooper to fill my muffin pans. This ensures that each muffin gets an equal amount of batter. It's also much less messy.
- Be sure to use baking spray (which includes flour) to coat your muffin pan. I like to use Baker's Joy or PAM Baking Spray with Flour.
Serving: 1muffin | Calories: 196kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 169mg | Potassium: 177mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 259IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 1mg