Strawberries and Cream Bundt Cake
This strawberries and cream bundt cake is a rich and delicious dessert. Much like a typical pound cake, the cake has a sweet and buttery flavor. Highlighted with fresh strawberries, this recipe has the flavors of springtime. A cream cheese glaze elevates this cake to the next level. It's perfect for Easter dessert or a treat for a loved one.
Servings: 20 slices
- 1½ cups unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs room temperature
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups diced strawberries
- ½ cup cream cheese frosting optional for glaze
Place a rack in the center of your oven. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit 20 minutes before baking your bundt cake. Spray pan thoroughly with baking spray and set aside.
Using an electric mixer, cream butter on medium speed for one minute. Add brown and white sugar, and continue to cream on medium speed for 4 minutes.
Add eggs one at a time., mixing on low only until incorporated. You will need to scrape down the sides of the mixer to ensure that all ingredients are well combined.
With the mixer on low, alternately add the flour mixture and milk in thirds. Mix until just combined.
Fold in the strawberries by hand.
Spread the batter into bundt pan and bake for 80 minutes. Halfway through baking time, remove pan and cover with tented aluminum foil to prevent over-browning. Test for doneness with a toothpick that should come out clean.
Allow cake to cool for 15 minutes on cooling rack. Invert cake and allow to cool to room temperature.
If glaze is desired, microwave cream cheese frosting in microwave in 15-second increments for 45 seconds. Pour warm glaze over the cooled cake.
- In this recipe, I used my Nordic Ware Rose Bundt Pan. However, you will be fine with any 10 -14 cup capacity bundt pan.
- To ensure that your cake does not over-brown, remove it from the oven halfway through and cover with aluminum foil.
- For the milk, feel free to use whole, 2%, or 1% in this recipe.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 373kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 79mg | Sodium: 159mg | Potassium: 91mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 37g | Vitamin A: 506IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 1mg