Chocolate Chip Cookie Butter Blondies
These chocolate chip cookie butter blondies take your typical bar dessert to the next level. Cookie butter gives these bars a subtle spicy flavor that mixes perfectly with the mini chocolate chips. These blondies are wonderfully chewy and will melt in your mouth. They are the perfect dessert for a party, a potluck, or for game day!
Servings: 16 bars
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅕ cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 egg large
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup cookie butter spread
- ½ cup miniature chocolate chips
Place a rack in the center of your oven. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit 20 minutes before baking your blondies. Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper, allowing an overhang on each side. Spray pan with baking spray and set aside.
In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine melted butter and brown sugar. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until combined. Stir in the cookie butter and mix until smooth.
Fold in the flour mixture and stir until just combined. Add chocolate chips and mix them into the batter. Be careful not to overmix the batter at this point—it will be very thick.
Spoon batter into your prepared pan. Press batter down into pan and smooth with a spatula. Bake blondies for 23-26 minutes. They will look underdone when you remove them from the oven—they will set up in the pan. Allow bars to cool in the pan for 1 hour. Remove from pan using the parchment overhang and allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.
- There are several brands of "cookie butter" but my favorite is Biscoff. You can find this in the peanut butter aisle of your grocery store.
- It's important to remove your blondies from the oven before they look "set" and baked thoroughly. They will continue to bake in the pan after removing them from the oven.
- Similar to muffin batter, you want to be extra careful not to overmix your wet and dry ingredients. This will make for a tough, dense batter and not the moist and chewy blondies that we all know and love.
Serving: 1bar | Calories: 178kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 49mg | Potassium: 44mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 98IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 1mg