100 Calorie Chocolate Muffins
Healthy and delicious come together in these decadent 100 calorie chocolate muffins. Made with only five ingredients, these muffins are super easy to make. They're so tasty; I challenge you to stop at just one!
Servings: 24 muffins
- 15.25 ounce box chocolate cake mix
- 1.3 ounce box instant chocolate pudding sugar-free and fat-free
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup miniature chocolate chips optional, for topping
Place a rack in the center of your oven. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit 20 minutes before baking your muffins. Line a 12-count muffin pan with liners and spray with baking spray. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine chocolate cake mix, instant pudding, and espresso powder. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk pumpkin puree and water together until incorporated. Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
Mix batter together until incorporated a few lumps remain—about 1 minute. The batter will look glossy when finished. Fill your cupcake liners about ⅔ full.
Sprinkle muffins with miniature chocolate chips, if desired.
Bake each batch of 12 muffins separately in the oven for about 24-28 minutes. Muffins are done when a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Remove muffins to a wire rack and cool for 10 minutes. Enjoy!
Store muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days.
- Try using an ice cream scoop to measure out your batter for the muffins. This ensures even cooking for each muffin.
- Be sure to use baking spray (which includes flour) to coat your muffin liners. I like to use Baker's Joy or PAM Baking Spray with Flour.
Serving: 1muffin | Calories: 95kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 198mg | Potassium: 80mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1593IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 1mg