This turtle cheesecake with OREO crust is a decadent mix of rich cream cheese, gooey caramel, and rich chocolate. It's the perfect cheesecake for all the chocolate lovers in your life! The OREO crust makes this cheesecake a showstopper!
It has the seal of approval from Matt as I made it for his annual birthday cheesecake this year! Each year I make him a cheesecake and this turtle cheesecake with OREO crust is one of my absolute favorites... I've made it so many times!
Why you'll love this recipe
This delectable cheesecake boasts an OREO cookie crust topped with a nutty layer of caramel and a classic cheesecake filling. Drizzles of melted chocolate and caramel-pecan sauce finish it off in style. This cheesecake takes a little more work than your basic recipe, but it's definitely worth the effort.
Heather's helpful hints
- Be sure to use a cookie sheet under your springform pan when baking in the oven. The caramel may ooze out during baking and this way it won't get your oven dirty.
- You can make this cheesecake the night before and refrigerate it overnight. I like to do this to make sure it's completely cooled.
- Any chocolate wafer cookie can be substituted for OREO cookies in this recipe.
Related chocolate recipes
Our recipe index is a great place to search all My Sweet Precision recipes!
Turtle Cheesecake with OREO Crust
- 9-inch springform pan
- 24 OREO cookies finely crushed
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 package caramels 14 ounce
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 3 packages cream cheese 8 ounce packages, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 2 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate
- Place racks in the center of the oven and preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix cookie crumbs and butter; press onto bottom and 2 inches up side of 9-inch springform pan.
- Microwave caramels and milk in a microwaveable bowl on high for 3 minutes or until caramels are completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring after each minute. Stir in nuts; pour half into crust. Refrigerate 10 minutes. Refrigerate remaining caramel mixture for later use.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with mixer until blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended. Pour over caramel layer in crust.
- Bake 1 hour 5 minutes to 1 hour 10 minutes or until center is almost set. Run knife around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim. Refrigerate 4 hours.
- Microwave reserved caramel mixture 1 minute; stir. Pour over cheesecake. Melt chocolate; drizzle over cheesecake.
Did you make this recipe?! First, let me say THANK YOU for giving it a try!
Please leave us a rating and feedback in the comments section at the bottom of this post. I always love to hear your thoughts and ideas on what went well — and didn't — with a recipe!