My Sweet Precision is back up and running my friends! It's been almost an entire year since my last blog post about Miniature Apple Crisp Tartelettes. An. Entire. Year. Yes, you read that correctly I'm afraid.
Over the past year, our family has grown by one tiny person. We welcomed Little One into our family last fall. And as babies tend to do, she took over our world. My maternity leave went by as a whirlwind of breastfeeding, diaper changing, and sleep deprivation. Once I returned to work, there was little time during the evenings and weekends for baking, let along blogging. I managed to dedicate some time to baking this past year. I made my surprise Red, White and Blue Flag Cake for a Fourth of July party. Another day, I banished everyone from our kitchen for two hours while I made some delicious miniature key lime pie cheesecakes which won a baking competition at work. I'll definitely be sharing this recipe in the future. But more often than not, I was probably baking (yet another) batch of lactation cookies.
For now, let me just say that I’ve missed you my friends! I’m excited to start sharing new recipes with you again and get connected. I would be remiss if I didn’t mention that My Sweet Precision has a new website and web design. I dedicated lots of Little One's nap time to switching over to a self hosted Word Press website (more on this adventure in another post). Our new home is mysweetprecision.com which is incredibly exciting!
And now, let’s talk about these lemon infused crinkle cookies. The secret to these cookies is that they are made from a cake mix. You heard me right... cookies from a box of cake mix. It’s ingenious really because it cuts down on the preparation time significantly. I learned about these cookies from a woman who played on Matthew’s bowling league. She wrote the recipe down on a sheet of paper and since then, I’ve made infinite variations. These lemon infused cookies are a definite winner.
Lemon Crinkle Cookies
- 1 18.25 ounce package lemon cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- ⅓ cup confectioners' sugar
- Position a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Pour cake mix into a large bowl. Stir in eggs, oil, and lemon extract until well blended. Place dough in refrigerator for approximately one hour
- Remove dough from refrigerator. Shape teaspoonfuls of dough into small balls. Drop dough into a bowl of confectioners' sugar. Roll them around until they're lightly covered. Once sugared, put them on an ungreased cookie sheet
- Bake for 9 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. The bottoms will be light brown, and the insides chewy. Cool on a cookie rack and enjoy
Notes and Tips