Fizz up your Crown Apple drink and make it a lot fruitier by adding Sprite and real apple slices! This is a very simple way to make a delicious and festive fall cocktail using three ingredients only—perfect for the holidays! If you love this apple-flavored whiskey, you are in for a treat!
This simple Crown Apple and Sprite recipe is precisely what it is, a mixed drink of liquor and soda with fresh apples- but with fancy sparkles and pretty garnish! Crown Royal Apple has a deliciously smooth blend of sweet apples, caramel, and spices. When mixed with a crisp lime soda like Sprite, you get the perfect combination of citrusy-sweet and bubbly-smooth in every sip! I love this with my apple upside down cake!
Why you'll love this recipe
- Quick and Easy! It will only take you a few minutes to make this flavorful beverage. The most you have to do is slice the apples-it is that easy!
- Be the Bartender. You have control over how strong or light you like it to be by changing the whiskey-to-soda ratio.
- Keep it Chill. Mixing your drinks will lessen the alcohol volume per glass, so this fruity cocktail is great for parties, especially if you aim for a more relaxed vibe.
- Get Creative! For variation, use other sodas or fruit juices to mix with the crown apple drink. You can also garnish it to your liking!
This recipe only has three ingredients!
Crown Apple: This Canadian whiskey is made of Regal Gala apples giving it a mildly tart and crisp apple flavor. It is excellent served on the rocks, but better mixed with other spirits!
Sprite: This citrusy carbonated drink is the perfect complement to the apple-infused whiskey. You can use any lemon-lime soda for the recipe.
Apple Slices: Aside from the added visual appeal, it also boosts the apple flavor of the drink. I like to use either gala or fuji apples for garnish.
You do not need to use a lot to make this fruit-flavored libation. All you need is a lowball glass and some cocktail picks. A lowball glass is also called a rocks glass or old-fashioned glass. If you do not have this, anything short and wide with a sturdy bottom will do.
Frequently asked questions
An unopened bottle of whiskey never expires as it is meant to age. However, once you have opened a bottle, it should be consumed within 1 to 2 years.
It contains 35% alcohol by volume, so moderation is highly recommended.
It really depends on your preference, and both can be used for this cocktail. However, it is said that Sprite is a much healthier choice compared to 7up, and is a lot lighter and smoother to drink too.
Instead of using Crown Apple, you can use apple cider juice and mix it with sprite or sparkling water. The little ones will love it!
Heather's helpful hints
I recommend placing the Crown Apple in the freezer to chill beforehand. This way, the ice will melt slower and won't water down your drink.
Chilling the glasses at least 30 minutes before is also a great tip to keep your drink as fresh as possible.
TOP TIP: For a stronger drink, use 2 ounces of rum with 4 ounces of Sprite. Remember always to drink responsibly and pace yourself when enjoying a cocktail.
Slice the apples right before serving. If you are slicing them ahead of time, put them in lemon juice to keep them from browning sooner.
You can quickly whip up this Crown Apple and Sprite drink in under five minutes!
Step 1) Fill your lowball cocktail glass with ice about halfway full. Add the Crown apple directly to the glass.
Step 2) Fill the remainder of the glass with Sprite.
Step 3) Stir gently to mix the two together.
Step 4) Garnish with apple slices using your cocktail pick, and serve!
- You can also use a diet version or no-sugar version of Sprite for a low-calorie drink.
- Aside from soda, you can use other mixers such as lemonade, orange, pineapple, cranberry, and pomegranate juice.
- Use a combination of sweet and tart apples for the garnish. It will look really nice and will give your drinks more flavor too.
Try these other easy-to-make drinks
- Starbucks Peach Green Tea Lemonade- Skip the long lines and get the same amazing fresh and fruity drink at home using four simple ingredients only!
- Irish cream cold brew- Combine cold brew coffee with Irish cream syrup and top it off with a decadent Irish cream cold foam.
- Strawberry Lemonade Vodka- With only five ingredients in this recipe, you'll be on your way to summer bliss in just minutes. Serve this at your next summer gathering!
Crown Apple and Sprite
- lowball glass
- cocktail picks
- 1.5 ounce Crown Apple
- 4 ounces Sprite
- apple slices for garnish
- ice cubes
- Fill your lowball cocktail glass with ice about halfway full.
- Add the Crown apple directly to the glass. Fill the remainder of the glass with Sprite. Stir gently to mix the two together.
- Garnish with apple slices using your cocktail pick, and serve!
Notes and Tips
- Chilling the Rum: I recommend placing the rum in the freezer to chill beforehand. This way, the ice will melt slower.
- Making a Stronger Drink: For a stronger drink, use 2 ounces of rum with 4 ounces of Sprite. Remember to always drink responsibly and pace yourself when enjoying a cocktail.
- Sprite Soda: You can use any type of lemon-lime soda in the recipe. You can also use a diet version, for a low-calorie drink.
Did you make this recipe?! First, let me say THANK YOU for giving it a try!
Please leave us a rating and feedback in the comments section at the bottom of this post. I always love to hear your thoughts and ideas on what went well — and didn't — with a recipe!