These chocolate-dipped macaroons are deliciously sweet and soft on the inside. On the outside, toasted coconut adds a wonderful depth of flavor. Dipping these cookies in semi-sweet chocolate gives them the perfect finishing touch. This recipe is perfect for your next party tray!
I often plan my desserts around what ingredients I have at home. If a recipe requires only a few items that I don't have, I'll prioritize that recipe over one where I'd need to visit the grocery store. All this leads us to these delicious coconut macaroons. What inspired me to bake these cookies? I only needed two items from the grocery store—an obvious win in my book.
Why you'll love this recipe
So let's chat about these cookies a little bit. These coconut macaroons are dipped in semi-sweet chocolate and take about 5 minutes of prep work and need about 15 minutes in the oven. It doesn't get any easier! I love how the texture of the sweet gooey inside is complimented by the crunchy toasted coconut on the outside.
Key ingredients and why we use them
Coconut: Coconut can be a pretty polarizing ingredient for desserts. If you aren't a fan of coconut, steer clear of these little beauties. You need sweetened coconut in this recipe. Unsweetened coconut will not work.
Sweetened Condensed Milk: You can find this ingredient in the baking aisle of the grocery store. Make sure that you aren't grabbing evaporated milk that comes in a similar can.
Almond Extract: Almond extract has a distinct nutty flavor that pairs well with the coconut in this recipe. You can swap it out for vanilla extract if you're not a fan of almonds.
You can store these cookies at room temperature in a tightly sealed container for up to four days. The crunchy exterior will become softer after about one day in storage. The cookies will still taste delicious, you'll just lose the texture on the outside.
Try these related cookie recipes
If you're interested in more cookie recipes, try some of our other reader favorites!
Chocolate Dipped Macaroons
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- 5 ½ cups flaked sweetened coconut
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk 14 ounce
- 1 ¼ teaspoons almond extract
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, coconut, and salt. Stir in the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla using your hands until well blended. Use an ice cream scoop to drop dough onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about golf ball size.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until coconut is toasted. Once cooled, dip cookies in melted chocolate and cool completely on waxed paper.
Notes and Tips
Did you make this recipe?! First, let me say THANK YOU for giving it a try!
Please leave us a rating and feedback in the comments section at the bottom of this post. I always love to hear your thoughts and ideas on what went well — and didn't — with a recipe!