These chocolate brownie bites are chewy and delicious with a chocolate ganache topping. This recipe is for all my chocolate lovers out there! A bite-sized dessert is perfect for your next party tray!
I am admittedly a chocoholic. On a perfect day, I would have hot chocolate for breakfast, some Lindt chocolates with lunch, a little chocolate pudding as an afternoon snack, and brownies with ice cream for dessert. Thank goodness every day isn’t perfect for me, or else my waistline might be a size or two larger.
Chocolate... something we all need
Last week I read an article saying that a survey found that people should have a daily amount of chocolate equivalent to 1.5 Hershey’s Kisses to reap the benefit of the healthy antioxidants found in chocolate. All of this is well and good, but who really eats 1.5 Hersey’s Kisses? When I sit down to have some chocolate we’re looking at a serving of at least four Hershey’s kisses… at least.
Why you'll love this recipe
A couple of weeks ago I set off on a quest to find the best brownie recipe online. This was no small task being that there were numerous recipes purporting to make the best brownies ever. When thinking about brownies you have one thing to consider. Are you the type of person that enjoys cake-like or fudge-like brownies? One reason I enjoy this recipe is that it meets somewhere in the middle between the two extremes.
I also like this recipe because as opposed to the typical brownie bar, you get tiny brownie bites. The little bites are really easy to transport to a party or a picnic in a plastic container. These are also great for birthday parties with younger kids!
Heather's helpful hints
It’s essential that you don’t over-mix your batter. To help with this, make sure you beat your eggs before adding them to the mixture. This way they will combine easily with butter and sugar without requiring you to mix more than needed.
Our recipe index is a great place to search all My Sweet Precision recipes!
Chocolate Brownie Bites
- 24 cup miniature muffin tin
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons butter softened
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees with a rack in the center. Generously grease and flour a mini muffin pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together ⅓ cup cocoa, ½ cup flour, salt, and baking powder. Set aside. In a large saucepan, melt ½ cup butter. Remove from heat, and stir in sugar, eggs, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat in dry ingredients. Drop batter into muffin tins, filling halfway. Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Do not overcook.
- To make frosting, melt butter in a glass bowl in the microwave. Combine 3 tablespoons cocoa, 1 tablespoon honey, 1 tablespoon milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 1 cup confectioners' sugar. Frost brownies while they are still warm. Decorate brownies as desired.
Did you make this recipe?! First, let me say THANK YOU for giving it a try!
Please leave us a rating and feedback in the comments section at the bottom of this post. I always love to hear your thoughts and ideas on what went well — and didn't — with a recipe!